Sunday, April 5, 2009

long-time no talk & 2nd hand optimism

i know... i've been woefully silent on my blog as of late... sorry. you'd think that as i'm not getting up and going to work every morning that i'd be a more prolific blogger, but alas, i'm not.

The last few weeks have continued to be a roller-coaster of emotions. I'm upbeat and optimistic one day, then ready to crawl under a rock until they are giving jobs away again. I am keeping busy I have approximately 5 job websites that I check every day or so for jobs. I workout every day. I've been working on my bicycle. I now just need to get air in the tires, very important for it to move smoothly down the road. And for all the jobs I apply for, for all the companies that I post my resume to their website - I definitely hit the bottom of the optimism well, and I just felt that I'd never find another job again. Admittedly I'd rather be an optimist and a fool, than a pessimist and right. But even the lack of progress was daunting to me. I have an amazing support system of friends who were always quick to say - you are wonderful and fabulous and you'll be find a company and a job you look forward to going to everyday. And they will want you as much as you want them. Oh that is a lovely thought.

And this week, I made progress on a rather large personal challenge, and I got an email from a consulting firm I'd LOVE to work for and on Friday I got a call back from a software retailer wanting to set up an interview! And I randomly ended up talking to a woman at the bus stop (shock & amazement I know) who is a recruiter! And she understands what I do! It was a trifecta of fabulous progress this week!

YES!

Finally! Progress! 2 interviews in the next few weeks. Oh I know that nothing may come of them, but still - to toil away in the dark - not knowing if you are truly making progress, is hard.

Thank you friends for your 2nd hand optimism! I reserve the right to look to you again for that optimistic boost!

And keep your fingers-crossed for the job interviews to go well!

4 comments:

Oh_mama said...

You rock! One day at a time, my love.

Holly said...

Yay for 2 interviews and working out everyday! You're amazing.

Free in DC said...

Long time no talk indeed. Happy to give you second hand optimism anytime you need. Let's talk soon. Love from DC, Amy

Unknown said...

Good luck! Great job on the workouts - I should do that too. My optimism at finding a job is also dwindling and making my graduation seem less exciting.