Monday, October 8, 2007

Faux holidays ROCK!! yeah - Columbus!

i love 3-day weekends. i really love 3-day weekends when i don't have to use vacation time to have them. i particularly love 3-day weekends when everyone else has to work. now, i know that sounds totally awful - but when it is a 3-day weekend when everyone else works it makes me feel as if i'm playing hookie and i'm being naughty by not being at work. it's the little things. so far this morning (by 930am) i have listened to several podcasts, had yogurt for breakfast, perused a few interesting online shops, checked email, read the news, done a little bit of work and i've thought a lot about doing some laundry.
this is the most productive monday i've had in while. i've even been checking out a local yoga studio and i'm scheduling a few yoga classes on my calendar. i find that the only way i get the fun in is if i hold myself accountable by putting it on my calendar. lame i know, but i only do work meetings that are on my calendar why shouldn't fun be the same way?? this is actually one of the key routines i discuss in my dissertation wouldn't it be convenient if i actually followed the routines i recommend in my dissertation! duh!

1 comment:

Oh_mama said...

Darn you, Optimist Girl! I did not have off :P But I still love you!