Friday, December 21, 2007

Friends help you move

real friends help you move bodies.
it amazes me that this statement is a fundamental truth among my friends. Now my nearest and dearest in college - we used to say this all the time. Mostly becuase some of us moved every year into our dorm and 9 months later out again and 3 months later back into a new dorm. yes, i was a dorm dweller. (the BESTEST, ever)
but even as an adult i meet and build strong friendships with others and yes - they understand and know this maxim as truth. even recently a co-worker/friend said to me as i was about to get into a story of woe - ok where are the bodies buried. she had no idea that i used to say this all the time.
but yet ...
she knew.

how is this possible. i guess among women (i can't comment about relationships between men as i'm not one) you just understand that sometimes - you gotta do what a woman's gotta do... and if it requires drycleaning - drinks are owed to all!

thank you my dearest friends for being there for me when i need you most. or when you are there and i don't need you.

i'll let you know when we need to move bodies.

smooches!

No comments: