Sunday, January 13, 2008

you deserve better

this was my mantra given to me by my friend Amy. She would always tell me this. This didn't mean that i deserved better shoes, or clothes or service in a restaurant - but that i deserved better than i was treating myself. i won't get into the details of my college life... but this mantra, as i call it - i don't think Amy would call it that, has been quite top of mind for me lately.
Amy gave me a lighter (zippo) that has been engraved with this phrase. i have always kept it close and though i don't smoke (anymore, hence the gift was appropriate at the time) i value this lighter with great sentiment.
with all that life brings i think we need to remember this - i know i do.

thank you Amy for sharing your wisdom with me. i hope others learn from it as i have!

you, too, deserve better!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I like that mantra. My latest one is "don't sweat the small stuff." Its really just not worth it. I had a supervisor once tell me, "you are a tiny ant, trying to carry the world on your back." Yes, we do deserve better than beating ourselves up.