Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Scotland: Edinburgh

I was able to make it over to Edinburgh twice during my visit and I had a great time. I really enjoyed the city and was able to do a little bit of everything. I did the tourist thing for sure. I purchased a jump on and off bus tour pass and would highly recommend to anyone going to do the same. I purchased the pass for 4 of the big tour companies as each had a slightly different route which was great to ensure I maximized by tourist time there.

Below are pictures from in and around Edinburgh...

Edinburgh Castle












Sir Walter Scott Monument (265+ steps to the top)




















Looking up the Royal Mile (a name not found on a tourist map of Edinburgh until the 1920s) You can see St Giles Church on the left hand side

No comments: