Friday, February 15, 2008

movin' right along...

so, many of you know that i'm moving. I'm not going far - about 55 miles back to San Francisco. what a joy. i'm actually thrilled to be moving but i loathe packing. packing is right up there next to... uh... not sure - but i surely don't like it one bit.

for as much as i hate packing and moving i do enjoy going back through my stuff and reliving memories that i've tucked away and not looked at since i last moved. i have a military footlocker (trunk) that i use to keep most of my earliest memories and trinkets in. I have about 15 years worth of journals cataloging my errors of spelling and my increased obsession with boys. at least i'm consistent.

they sit in the trunk next to my first book - richard scarrey's 'what do people do all day'. i love that book. is it any wonder as i love what i do everyday. (except packing) and of course i have some college momentos and a postcard from my fav bar in college that is now a parking lot. *sigh*

while moving usually means change - my moves remind me why i ultimate love to move and go to new places - it is the new adventure that waits and the memories i can look fondly back upon!

but packing still sucks.

1 comment:

Oh_mama said...

I love Richard Scarry! I can't wait to get one of his books for O.
I get lost in Memories when packing, too.