Monday, March 31, 2008

the coolest thing i saw on my way to savannah for my sister's wedding

Lightning. Now I grew up in Tampa, FL which calls itself the lightning capital. I don’t know but since living there I can sleep through any storm no matter how awful/loud, etc. anyway, I’m currently flying to savannah for my sister’s wedding and as I look out the window I see a fantastic electrical storm. It is truly amazing. I can see the stars above and the storm is about … oh I don’t know… a few miles away. You can see the very details of the clouds and depth and beauty of it all. Mother nature at her best. I made a comment to the flight attendant as he came by with the drinks and he said, have you ever been in the plane when it’s been struck by lightning. I said ‘no’ and would like to keep it that way. Ack. Scaring the customers.
but for as much as i don't want to be in a plane when it is struck by lightning - and if it is keep that info to yourself- i do have to offer appreciation to mother nature for a fantastic light show!

BRAVA!

No comments: