Sunday, April 6, 2008

optimist girl's health... the saga continues

so i thought with my urgent visit to the doctor on friday afternoon that i'd be done with the whole doctor thing for the weekend. (i was diagnosed with an eye infection and given some drops - which i used in both eyes, must always be careful) and when the eye infection got worse saturday and amazingly better sunday morning i thought i'd be in the clear...
but oh no...
at 4pm on a sunday afternoon my ear starts to act up!
an ear infection! i've had enough of these in my life that i know when i've got one. by 6pm i'm in agony. by 7pm i'm sitting in the emergency waiting room hoping to be seen soon. by 830pm i've got my prescription and i'm heading to the 24 hr pharmacy.
of course the kicker is that i've got eye drops, ear drops, and antibiotics. and a note saying i'm not to fly for 5-days. yup. i'm supposed to head to LA tomorrow morning. no plane for me.
i can barely handle the ringing in my ear and pain that i'm not about to get on a plane! dedicated to my job yes. even more dedicated to my hearing and my health... you betcha!
so... i've seen more doctors in the last 72 hours than i would care to admit. i'm not a big fan of drugs (most kinds), but apparently they are in my future...

i'm not old yet. apparently though, i'm in need of some serious rest!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Try a heating pad on your ear several times a day. That will help.

Oh_mama said...

Hope you're feeling better!! ((hugs))