Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a little TOO connected

Ok - so like any woman with a secret identity... I like to keep my professional options open. I have a list of companies I'd absolutely love to work for. In no particular Google, Apple, Yahoo, eBay, Microsoft, and others... Well I came across a job at Apple the other day and I had to apply for it! HAD TO!

Like most job websites it asks for a web log-in... and it indicated that I can use my Apple iTunes log-in... um. ok. But I buy crappy music with my Apple iTunes log in. I don't my future job prospects with a company I want to work for put in jeopardy because I bought on iTunes... well, it isn't important what I bought - suffice it to say that my tastes don't discriminate. I really do enjoy some pretty fabulous crap music.

But it is a scary thought that my resume, job application and my music purchases are all accessed under the same Apple log in.

The world just got a little smaller! and a little more creepy in a fabulous technology sort of way.

No comments: