Monday, February 2, 2009

smart(ish) TV

I'm totally in love with TV. Actually, I should re-phrase that - My name is OG and I'm addicted to TV. There's a reason I don't have cable/dish... not just the cost, but the fact that I can't turn off the TV once it is on. I *heart* TV. Now I say this, but I don't *heart* reality TV. I just can't/won't get into it. Reality is enough for me, thanks. TV is all about escapism for me.

I particularly love most things with "Star" in the title. Star Trek and it's variations. StarGate and all of it's variations... you get the point. (Note: don't watch Star Search)

I'm also woefully addicted to TV that is "smart", "funny" and ties back to "science"... X-files - loved it! But there's this new category of mass smart-ish TV... Bones. Always learn something new. Fringe. Always get some crazy idea from that show. House. Well it's a doctor show, minimal character drama. CSI. Tend to learn something from it. Chuck is spy fluff - but I love how it tries to be smart.

I love this upswing in smart-ish TV. Yes, fiction can be fun - but it doesn't have to be totally without education or learning power! Though I suppose if it has truth in it does that make it non-fiction?

Carp.

Oh well. I love the psuedo-smart TV that's on these days. Bring it on! Especially as there are no more "Stars" on TV until later this year with StarGate: Universe.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but how I love Big Bang Theory. Hulu it. Seriously. I will be buying the DVDs when they come out.