Sunday, January 4, 2009

the grande beach finale

Well in 24 hours my mom and I will be checking-in to our hotel in Orlando, having left the beach behind.

I always enjoy the time away from my life in San Francisco - able to keep the routine simple. Wake-up. Coffee. Work (if appropriate). Lunch. Sun. Back to work (again if appropriate). Dinner. Relax. No commuting. Fabulous.

However, after 3 weeks of being away - it is now time to go home and re-integrate back into San Francisco society. Work. Sushi. Commuting. Work. All you can drink sake Saturday nights. Chilly weather. Singing. And most importantly friends.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. I don't know about that. But distance certainly makes one appreciate the time at the tree house and the time at home.

Watch out SF - consider this your warning - in 48 hours I'll be home!

2 comments:

Kittie Flyn said...

3 weeks eh? who watches the kitty while OG is away?

Optimist Girl said...

Fortunately I have a friend who house sits. My friend and Max (the cat) have been keeping each other company.