Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my last grasp on the 20th century

I love technology. I am not always the first adopter - but I love new technology and if cost was irrelevant I would have the latest and greatest. For example, I do have a relatively new TV and DVD player. I use a Mac as my laptop. I want an iPhone - but practicality and a contract dictate I'll not be getting one for a bit yet.

I have earned some points at work that I can use to purchase fun and interesting prizes. I was cruisin' the site trying to figure out what to get. I'm completely torn. I want everything yet nothing... I checked pretty much every page, looking at everything. And I came across the electronics and thought - well perhaps it is time for a new stereo. My current stereo was purchased in 1994 and features a dual tape deck, 6-CD changer and AM/FM radio! It is really cool and I love it. But it might be the time to upgrade.

As I was looking at them - they all have iPod pull-ins and AM/FM radios - some CD players however not a one had a tape deck! NO TAPE DECK!?!?! How will I play my tapes? How will I listen to my favorite mixes that folks have made for me? WHAT WOULD I DO?!?!?!?

So it is with great sadness that I turn away from a new stereo. If the 21st century doesn't have any tapes then I want no part of it!

1 comment:

Kittie Flyn said...

i still am holding onto vhs tapes though i haven't owned a vcr in five years. one of my friends just used her points to go to spain. i didn't know you could that!