Thursday, January 1, 2009

a smidge of Van Damme to bring in the new year

So here I sit on January 1 - at the mercy of someone else's remote/TV preferences/choices. And the remote "seems" to be paused on a Jean-Claude Van Damme flick. [The "Movie" label seems like giving the 'movie' too much credit.]

I'm horrified by not just the less than stellar acting ability, the fight scenes but the editing and consistency is atrocious! I ask in any 'awful' movie that at least one thing is done well. Fight scene or editing or music or consistency, something. Don't stink on all fronts, please! I just watched JCVD go from wearing a sweatshirt in one fight scene, to beating someone up while wearing a tank top, then back to the sweater for the next fight where the sweatshirt is then ripped off - not to reveal a tank top but just a bare chest! where did the tank top go?

I know I search for meaning in a JCVD film is a bit of a stretch - but hey, as I said I'm only looking for 1 thing that isn't terrible in the film. Usually you can get least get fabulous costumes or something!

Maybe next time...

No comments: