Saturday, December 13, 2008

i've gotta be me!

in the theme of lists and not really having anything to blog about lately... i've 'leveraged' this list of questions from kittieflyn...

My earliest memory is... i don't know. i can't tell if my memories are truly my memories or the stories i created in my head from hearing all the stories about how cute i was as a kid. (some things never change i suppose, still cute)

At school I... was a bit nerdy. And one of the smart kids. (again, some things never change, still nerdy)

My first relationship was... uh. what was his name again.

I don't like talking about... anything that will create conflict. so money and religion are the tops of the list.

I wish I had... an understanding of what's going on.

I wish I hadn't... procrastinated.

My most humiliating moment was... when i was in soviet russia and i slipped and fell in a fountain in Gorky Park. I had to walk around the rest of the hot humid day, in wet shorts. humiliating and uncomfortable.

My happiest moments were... so many. but completing my doctoral dissertation, knowing i could finish formal education for life and be a student of life.

My last meal would be... depending on my mood - but possibly mac & cheese with tiramisu for dessert.

I'm very bad at... letting go.

When I was a child I wanted to be... ruler of the world, i think. (once again, somethings never change)

The book that changed my life is... i don't know that there has been only one. Really good, enjoyable books leave a print on me. but if i had to say a book - i'd cheat slightly as say the 'hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy' series.

It's not fashionable, but I love... comfortable clothes. jeans, and my fluffy beige shoes.

The song I'd like played at my funeral is... something perky. Perhaps, "I'm walking on sunshine" by karina and the waves. the first 45' i bought. or Frank Sinatra's "my way"

Friends say I am... pretty fabulous.

My greatest fear is... growing old and being totally alone.

If only I could... say what i'm really feeling without fear.

The hardest thing I've ever done was... facing the idea that he wasn't the one. or the guy i thought he was. and questioning what that meant about our time together.

The last big belly laugh I had was... probably thursday night. or last saturday.

I'm always being asked... 'do you do comedy?'

Cat or dog... cat. max (my cat) is watching me.

If I wasn't me I'd like to be... just the same as i am now.

At the moment I'm reading... technically 3 books, so nothing at all.

My favourite work of art is... the painting in my bedroom that i bought on a visit to Scotland, over a decade ago.

My worst job was... in the grand scheme none of my jobs have been horrific. but the worst might be the winter i did food service at Busch Gardens. The stand was next to the elephants. i was covered in cotton candy and it wasn't that great smelling.

I often wonder... if life is more than just work and home again. which is usually when i get out of the house to enjoy the company of friends.

No comments: