Friday, December 5, 2008

my iPod *hearts* LL Cool J

I listen to my iPod at work. I am convinced it helps me be more productive at work as I'm able to concentrate on the project in front of me. I usually listen to a few select playlists that I've created most of which are a single singer/album, so not exactly my most creative playlists. But occasionally I pop on my "new gym mix" and listen to the music I listen to while at the gym but it kills the excitment of the playlist while I'm on the treadmill.
So the other day, I decided that I'd try the 'shuffle' function on my iPod and see what I get. And it's a good mix. I have approximately 2550 songs on my iPod. I have a wide range of musical tastes... as you can see from the right hand side of this blog page. And the one artist that has come up more than any other by ratio of the number of songs on my iPod... LL Cool J. I'm not sure why. I have almost double the Frank Sinatra and Rolling Stones than LLCJ and only 1 Rolling Stones song has come up and perhaps 1 Frank song and it was from the Ocean's 13 soundtrack.

What is it about LL that my iPod loves so much? I don't know. But all I know is Momma said knock you out... oops... sorry - let's find some Norah Jones.

a little more calming...

No comments: