Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So I've done my ritual walk along the beach on Christmas Day. It was lovely and peaceful. I did take my camera and took a few shots while I was walking along. I also collected a few shells which, knowing me, I'll forget here at the treehouse.

The beach was fairly pristine. I only saw a few bits of rubbish which was nice. And this year red tide hasn't shown up so no large numbers of deceased fish. Last year was pretty awful - it was as if I had a cold with burning nose, throat & eyes (not fun for xmas). (insert Al Gore speach on red tide from "Inconvenient Truth" here) There were some seed pods washed up on the beach and of course, the shells. I even saw a jelly fish (see right, for artsy photo).



I did see some others walking along the beach, but for the most part it was fairly quiet and it was as if I had the beach and ocean to myself. I suppose most were preparing dinner or playing with new christmas toys. Here's the view I enjoyed while walking along.
















I hope everyone has enjoyed this holiday even if you don't celebrate. As we approach a new year, I hope everyone find the opportunity to rest, relax and are able to reconnect or spend time with those who are important to you...

No comments: